Saturday, May 3, 2008

50th. Merdeka Celebration that hardly come by

It was held last year in September 2007 to commomerate our 50th Merdeka Celebration and it was done very successfully.....I am very proud of it not because its my brainchild, but the esprit de corp that we gained from organizing such event as a community. Yes, I got praises for initiating such a big event and for leading such a well-organized event, but again I must stressed that the people with whom I worked with to make this event successful is what matters. Till today people speak highly of the event and often become point of reference to organize any subsequent event.

But whether this year similar event can be held....mmmm I doubt it! Last month I called few people to discuss the matter and no one doesn't seem want to commit and take the lead. I was so dissappointed. I thought I have laid the foundation for them to move on..sadly its all my wishful thinking. Seems that I have to do it all over again...do I want to? Well, in Allah we trust.

No comments: